Friday, April 17, 2009

Floor Tiles

Managed to sneak in today as the tiler forgotten to lock the sliding door to the Alfresco.

Majority of the floor tiles were done, except the whole of Rumpus and tiles against the walls because those need to be cut. Really happy with the tiles so far, not as dark as we thought it might turn out. We're using Kimberly Smoke 450mm x 450mm.

According to the drawings, there will be quite a fair bit of expansion joints throughout the tiles, so still not sure how the tiles will eventually look like with the expansion joints in... will the expansion joints be very obvious?

[Family]


[Living]



Work had also been done on the shower area for both ensuite and bathroom.


Bathtub had been delivered, should be installed next week.



The front entrance doors had been painted. It looked nice on its own, but quite disappointed with colour coordination with the overall facade. It kind of look dark at the entrance/portico. Contemplating should we paint it again to Paperbark so that it matches the garage doors...


[Entrance doors in Woodland Grey]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi "H",

If the tiler does a good job, you shouldn't be able to notice the expansion joints. Once they fill the gaps (usually done at the very end), the filler should match the grout perfectly. Ours turned out fine. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I like the colour of your front door. I think it works really well with the rest of the facade and the bricks. But I suppose colour choices are a personal thing and you've got to be happy with it. Perhaps give it a bit of time and see if grows on you.

Cheers
Liana

kexkez said...

Your front door looks fine the colour that it is. Nice to have a strong door colour. I can see why you are considering changing it to the same as the garage door though as from a distance in the photo it does look dark under the portico area. BUT the door colour is great the colour it currently is.
Your tiles look absolutely beautiful so envious of everyone with the tiles they are getting.

On a different note:Can I ask how you got the ticker to work? I spent about an hour yesterday trying trying to get it on to my blog. Almost the same one you have same houses but with a sun as the moving counter and then I have read your blog and found You've managed to get a ticker to load.

hYSteRIcAL said...

Hi guys,

Thanks for your support on the door colour. ^_^ We'll probably try to live with it for a while and see how it goes :)

kexkez, I'm using Tickerfactory.com,
to put it in the blog, I've used the HTML codes generated, minus the HREF tag. eg:

< img border="0" src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10724;127/st/20090720/e/abc/k/9714/event.png">

My Kylie Life said...

Looking great guys. I have been following your blog for a while, but this is the first time I have posted. I really like the entrance door colour. I like the contrast of colours.

hYSteRIcAL said...

Hi Spike,

Thanks for the support!
We like the door colour too, but still trying to like the facade as a whole... :)

Cheers!